There will be 1 proposition on the ballot. It will read:
THE ISSUANCE OF $56,000,000 OF BONDS BY THE COUPLAND INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT FOR SCHOOL FACILITIES AND SITES FOR SCHOOL BUILDINGS AND LEVYING THE TAX IN PAYMENT THEREOF. THIS IS A PROPERTY TAX INCREASE.
Campus Site Concept Graphic
The campus has not been designed yet, but the concept shown includes classroom space for 150 students and core spaces for 300 students.
If the bond is approved, the design team would meet with teachers and administrators to design the school in line with Coupland ISD’s instructional focus.
- Classrooms for 150 students in grades 6 – 8
- Science labs
- Media Center
- Dining Commons with 2 serving lines
- Theater Arts, Music, and Art classrooms
- Special ed and Life Skills classrooms
- Practice gym with locker rooms, weight room, and training room
- Administration area with offices, counseling, nurse, and conference room
- Grass play field with lights
- Concessions, restrooms, and bleachers
- 8 lane-track available for community use
- Parking for staff and visitors
- Parent and bus drives